[sork] Fwd: creating .vacation.db

Pavel Chytil pavel at chytil.org
Fri Jan 7 22:55:33 PST 2005

Hello,

we are using latest cvs for Horde and its modules. The vacation package is using
forward driver in our setup. It seems to work fine, however it creates file
.vacation.db in user's home directory, which seems not to be necessary, since
/usr/bin/vacation will create this file during its first use.
Even more we are getting bounces if this file is left in users home directory
while enabling the vacation in .forward:

"|/usr/bin/vacation -a 'pavel.chytil' pchytil"
   (reason: Data format error)
   (expanded from: <pchytil at bme.ogi.edu>)

501 5.6.0 Data format error

Final-Recipient: RFC822; pchytil at bme.ogi.edu
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 65
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:57:38 -0800

We have commented out lines 102-117 from file vacation/lib/Driver/forwards.php
to prevent not necessary file to be created.
We wonder if this would cause any problems?

Thanks for any comments,

Pavel