[sork] Fwd: creating .vacation.db

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 9 15:32:41 PST 2005

Quoting Pavel Chytil <pavel at chytil.org>:

> Hello,
>
> we are using latest cvs for Horde and its modules. The vacation package is
> using
> forward driver in our setup. It seems to work fine, however it creates file
> .vacation.db in user's home directory, which seems not to be necessary, since
> /usr/bin/vacation will create this file during its first use.

Most vacation programs will not create these files unless you pass a "-i"
switch to it.  So sork creates them for you.

> Even more we are getting bounces if this file is left in users home directory
> while enabling the vacation in .forward:
>
>  ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> "|/usr/bin/vacation -a 'pavel.chytil' pchytil"
>    (reason: Data format error)
>    (expanded from: <pchytil at bme.ogi.edu>)

You probably didn't specify the correct data base format for these
files.  This error looks to me like it created the files with the wrong
format.

> We have commented out lines 102-117 from file
> vacation/lib/Driver/forwards.php
> to prevent not necessary file to be created.
> We wonder if this would cause any problems?

Not if your vacation program creates them when they are missing, as you
say yours does.