[sork] vacation and password configuration

li at elaboratio.com li at elaboratio.com
Sun Jan 30 09:53:16 PST 2005

No, I didn't.

1.)
I get vacation from the vacation directory (ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/vacation/
and downloaded the vacation-latest.tar.gz)

So I have to use an ("may be") unstable vacation version, because the latest
stable version of vacation was released before horde 3,right?

I now substituted the older version with the snap-head-version, (I did not think
about this detail!)

Thank you, I could configure vacation via horde, fine!

The next error now is, that I login to imp as normal user and my passwd, I
create a vacation notice, but vacation says:
"You can not set a vacation notice as root."

Sure, I set this option in the configuration, because root will not send emails
to anybody. But I used Imp as normal user. I tested this with another normal
user account with the same result. Whats wrong?

2.)
horde - password was already in the port collection which I updated recently.
I now picked up the snaps-HEAD-version and could "install" and configure it
properly.

While testing with normal user accounts occured the same error as vacation ("You
cannot change the password for root.")

I guess it has something to do with the fact that I first go to horde/login as
root and then I choose "webmail" from the horde menubar. (It appears the imp
loginscreen and I login as normal user.)
But what is a solution?

jae.

thank you.
jae