[sork] Re: [dev] Re: VFS errors in HEAD version of Vcation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 11 20:06:57 PDT 2005

Quoting Lance Wilson <lance at webguyinternet.com>:

> The system creates a file called .forward (in the correct location) but it
> is 0 bytes.
> One thing I did notice is that Gollem is setup in PASV mode and Forwards and
> Vacation seem to be setup in PORT mode.  Could that be the issue?  Gollem
> works fine... the others don't.

Sounds reasonable.  Edit vacation/lib/Driver/forwards.php, about line 79
in my version, and add a parameter for passv, so it reads something like
the following:

        // Build the params array to pass to VFS.
        $_args = array('hostspec' => $this->params[$realm]['host'],
                       'port' => $this->params[$realm]['port'],
                       'passv' => true,
                       'username' => $user,
                       'password' => $password);

Then see if that fixes the problem, and if so, let us know so we can
update the config/sources to allow passive mode.

> Beginning to think this may be a firewall thing???  Running in a fedora Core
> 3 Linux.

Perhaps, but it would be better fixed in the code than in your firewall, if so.