[sork] Re: Vacation From?

Carl Boberg carl at blackside.org
Mon Apr 18 12:53:30 PDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your response :-)

My mailserver is unfortunately hosting several domains and all responses
from vacation are from user at firtshost.firstdomain.com when they ought to
be from second/third/fourth -host/domain.com

Changing the mailserver to exclude hostname would most likely just
reduce my problem to responses from user at second/third/fourth -domain.com
to allways be user at firstdomain.com (am I making sense?)

Im using sendmail/dovecot btw.
I will try and see if I can conjure up some sendmail magic ;-)

But I would still gladly see it as an configurable option :-)

Maybe I have a sort of lazy setup of my virtualhosting but everything
else works great for me :-)
I tried to hack my way past this but realised soon that it would take
too much effort for me since im not familiar with the code....

On a side note, about hindering users from forging the From:
They can already do that in IMP by using different identities where they
easily can set their From: address and such(yes it can be disabled but
still).
And if I would like to fake my from address it probably wouldnt be by
using auto respons function from vacation...
And also; Is there any colaboration between horde modules to take care
of theese kind of securityconcerns?

/ Cheers
Carl