[sork] vacation and vhosts

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 9 11:08:25 PDT 2005

Quoting li at elaboratio.com:

> But I'm not glad about the fact the autoreply messages will be sent from
> "username at my domain" since most of my users are vhost-users and have adresses
> like "firstname.lastname at theirdomain".

This is really a function of your MTA setup, not the module, IMHO.

> Is there really no way to get the "TO"-Field from the original message and
> use
> it in the autoreply.message as "FROM" again?

No.

> Or even a workaround independently of the vacation module that someone uses
> avoid this behaviour?

There was talk about making a hook to provide this functionality, but I
don't think anyone coded it yet.  Or you could map the user properly
in your MTA.

> Or:
>
> Couldn't be created an (optionally) third field in the vacation-form, just
> before "Subject" where the users have to insert their full email adress so
> that
> it appears in the .vacation.msg-file on the top as we do when editing
> vacation-messages by hand? Or is his technically impossible?

This could be done.  Or a hook could be created.  Or you could create your
own code to do it.

> It would be great if there would be a solution...

I don't think anyone coded a solution yet.  Besides, the solution will
depend on your setup, so it is hard to provide a solution that will work
for you without knowing your setup.  You're probably in the best position
to code this up, and hopefully submit it as a patch, with the help of
the Horde developers if needed.

I *think* there is an open bug ticket about this...