[sork] Passwd support for expect/ssh

Steve Vickroy Steve at vickroy.info
Wed Jul 20 17:51:14 PDT 2005

  I have opted to use the ssh/expect option for changing passwords.
I don't know much about expect.  I turned on debugging and am having
trouble with ssh-askpass.  I am not sure how or why it is called but
this is the error message I can't get past:

  expect: does "Error: Can't open display: localhost:10.0\r\n"
(spawn_id exp33) match regular expression "The authenticity of host.*
can't be established.*\nRSA key fingerprint is.*\nAre you sure you
want to continue connecting.*"? no^M
"(P|p)assword.*"? no

  It appears that the ssh-askpass program is trying to do something
with X11 on display 10.0.  Do you have any ideas on what the problem
could be?