[sork] Passwd 3.0b Expect Script Failing Silently

Shane Liesegang shane at techie.net
Tue Aug 23 19:39:58 PDT 2005

I recently installed the H3 beta of Passwd into a Horde 3.0.5
installation. It's configured to use an Expect script. When I go through
the web form, I don't get any error messages (it says the password was
successfully changed), but on login it appears that the old one is still
in place.

In the log files, I find this:
expect: spawn id exp13 not open
    while executing
"expect -nobrace -re {The authenticity of host.* can't be established.*
RSA key fingerprint is.*
Are you sure you want to continue connecting.*} {sleep..."
    invoked from within
"expect {
  -re $fingerprint_string {sleep .5
                           send yes\r}
  -re $password_string    {sleep .5
                           sen..."
    (file
"/home/www/public_html/horde/passwd/config/../scripts/passwd_expect" line
165)^M

I'm not terribly familiar with expect, and googling the "spawn id not
open" message didn't turn up anything helpful to an expect newbie.

Any advice?

	- SJML