[sork] Passwd for file DB Vpopmail

mhz bogomips mhz.bogomips at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:18:01 PDT 2005

Dear all,

Since I am running a mail server using vpopmail with file DB, I implemented
this vpopmail_expect script to integrate with vpopmail. The following
implementation should work with mysql version of vpopmail, too.

Installation instruction:

1 - chmod u+s /home/vpopmail/bin/vchangepw
chmod g+s /home/vpopmail/bin/vchangepw

2 - modify horde/passwd/main.php line 39:
$userid = Auth::getAuth(); // instead of $userid = Auth::getBareAuth();

3 - copy the vpopmail_expect script to horde/passwd/scripts

4 - modify the backends.php to use expect script pointing to
horde/passwd/scripts/vpopmail_expect

I wish it can help others who would like to integrate this useful module
with file DB vpopmail.

Gary