[sork] Debian Sarge

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:04:22 PDT 2005

Quoting Andrew Nady <andrewn at pssnet.com>:

> Wen I use vacation module on Debian Sarge, the "vacation" module creates a
> .vacation.db file that is nor recognized by the OS.

You can configure the file type in the configuration files.  There should
be something in the docs about using the unix "file" command to help
determine the correct file type to specify.

> Is there a fix or a workaround for vacation from sork and libdb4.1.  on
> debian sarge. It seems to be broken when creating .vacation.db file?
> Or do i have to build from source.

You simply need to configure it.  Basic idea is:

* Login and manually run vacation to create some db files (vacation -i usually)
* Use the "file" command to find out the type of db file it creates
* Configure vacation to create that type of db file.