[sork] Passwd for file DB Vpopmail

Ismal Hisham Darus ihmd at jhancock.com.my
Sun Sep 18 18:37:33 PDT 2005

Dear all,

Since I am running a mail server using vpopmail with file DB,
I implemented
this vpopmail_expect script to integrate with vpopmail. The
following
implementation should work with mysql version of vpopmail,
too.

Hi Gary,

Just wondering if you manage to have the same success for
vacation mudule authenticate via vpopmail ?

Thanks

Installation instruction:

1 - chmod u+s /home/vpopmail/bin/vchangepw
chmod g+s /home/vpopmail/bin/vchangepw

2 - modify horde/passwd/main.php line 39:
$userid = Auth::getAuth(); // instead of $userid =
Auth::getBareAuth();

3 - copy the vpopmail_expect script to horde/passwd/scripts

4 - modify the backends.php to use expect script pointing to
horde/passwd/scripts/vpopmail_expect

I wish it can help others who would like to integrate this
useful module
with file DB vpopmail.

Gary