[sork] Vacation and vpopmail (storing info in a different folder)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 10 09:03:15 PST 2006

Quoting "Juan  C. Gallardo" <jgamo at cantv.net>:

> I just installed Vacation on my system. I am working with qmail and
> vpopmail.
> I can see vacation change the .forward file which is in the home
> directory of each user, but vpopmail stores all the mail information in
> a different folder (/var/vpopmail/domains/MYDOMAIN/USERS), therefore
> whenever I try to set vacation or forward it doesn't work.
>
> Does anyone knows how to fix this without telling vpopmail to change
> directory?

There is no way I know of except either:

1) Telling vpopmail to store the files elsewhere.
2) Edit the sork code to put the correct file in the correct spot
3) Symlink the /var/vpopmail/... file to the home directories?

Seems the first would be the easiest, IMHO.  But then, I don't run
qmail/vpopmail, so I may be wrong.

Go Longhorns!