[sork] passwd h3 with vpopmail cdb user database

mhz bogomips mhz.bogomips at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:40:09 PDT 2006

Sorry that it takes a while before replying.  I have a "home-grown" solution
1 year ago so that I need to update my solution for the latest password h3.
Please evaluate the security risk before installation.  But it works for
sure.

1 - chmod u+s /home/vpopmail/bin/vchangepw
    chmod g+s /home/vpopmail/bin/vchangepw

2 - When configuring passwd in horde, make sure the option
    to use full user name is checked.

3 - copy the vpopmail_expect script to horde/passwd/scripts
     (yes, you need to have "expect" installed, script attached)

4 - modify backends.php to have the following lines only

        $backends['expect'] = array(
            'name' => 'Email System',
            'preferred' => '',
            'password policy' => array(),