[sork] passwd ignores hostspec parameter in backends.php

Joris Benschop joris at ideeel.nl
Sun Apr 23 12:44:09 PDT 2006

Dear list

I run Horde with IMP and Passwd on machine A (wallach.ideeel.net)
which authenticates against machine B (mysql.ideeel.net) via a mysql
table.
In my backends.php (on wallach) I have hostspec set to "'hostspec'
=> 'mysql.ideeel.net'".
However, when I run passwd it does not query the
remote machine but the localhost instead. This was confirmed by
checking mysql logs on both machines.
Thus, the hostspec value seems to be ignored. How do I solve this?

(Running Horde 3.1.1 and Passwd h3-3.0)

thanks for any help

joris

** backends.php **
$backends['sql'] = array (
     'name' => 'Ideeel_net',
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 2,
         'maxLength' => 8,
         'maxSpace' => 0,
         'minUpper' => 0,
         'minLower' => 0,
         'minNumeric' => 0,
         'minSymbols' => 0
     ),
     'driver' => 'sql',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype'    => 'mysql',
         'hostspec'   => 'mysql.ideeel.net',
         'username'   => 'LALALA',
         'password'   => 'dbpasswd',
         'encryption' => 'plaintext',
         'database'   => 'LOLOLO',
         'table'      => 'users',
         'user_col'   => 'user_uid',
         'pass_col'   => 'user_pass',
         'show_encryption' => false
     )
);

** mysql log on localhost (= wrong machine)
060423 19:51:01
2725 Connect     horde at localhost on
2725 Init DB     horde
2725 Init DB     horde
2725 Init DB     horde
2725 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value
                  FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'joris' AND
                  (pref_scope = 'passwd' OR pref_scope = 'horde')
                  ORDER BY pref_scope
2726 Connect     Access denied for user 'LALALA'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)
2725 Quit