[sork] passwd ignores hostspec parameter in backends.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Apr 24 02:05:03 PDT 2006

Keep it on the list and pay attention to your attitude if you are
asking for help.

Zitat von Joris <joris at ideeel.nl>:

> Jan,
>
> how can it *not* be passwd??? Just look at the username!!!

Only because it uses the same username doesn't mean it's from the same
configuration. You didn't show us your preference configuration, so
the logs could as well be (and probably are) from the prefs driver.

> backends.php:
> 'hostspec'   => 'mysql.ideeel.net',
> 'username'   => 'LALALA',
>
> Mysql:
> 2726 Connect     Access denied for user 'LALALA'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)
>
> did you actually *read* the mail before dumping it?

I did, and I it's working perfectly here, and looking at your logs, it
looks to me as if the connect error comes directly from the prefs
query, unless you prove me anything else.

> At 01:19 24/04/2006, you wrote:
>> Zitat von Joris Benschop <joris at ideeel.nl>:
>>
>>> Dear list
>>>
>>> I run Horde with IMP and Passwd on machine A (wallach.ideeel.net)
>>> which authenticates against machine B (mysql.ideeel.net) via a mysql
>>> table.
>>> In my backends.php (on wallach) I have hostspec set to "'hostspec'
>>> => 'mysql.ideeel.net'".
>>> However, when I run passwd it does not query the
>>> remote machine but the localhost instead. This was confirmed by
>>> checking mysql logs on both machines.
>>> Thus, the hostspec value seems to be ignored. How do I solve this?
>>>
>>> (Running Horde 3.1.1 and Passwd h3-3.0)
>>>
>>> thanks for any help
>>>
>>> joris
>>>
>>> ** backends.php **
>>> $backends['sql'] = array (
>>>    'name' => 'Ideeel_net',
>>>    'preferred' => '',
>>>    'password policy' => array(
>>>        'minLength' => 2,
>>>        'maxLength' => 8,
>>>        'maxSpace' => 0,
>>>        'minUpper' => 0,
>>>        'minLower' => 0,
>>>        'minNumeric' => 0,
>>>        'minSymbols' => 0
>>>    ),
>>>    'driver' => 'sql',
>>>    'params' => array(
>>>        'phptype'    => 'mysql',
>>>        'hostspec'   => 'mysql.ideeel.net',
>>>        'username'   => 'LALALA',
>>>        'password'   => 'dbpasswd',
>>>        'encryption' => 'plaintext',
>>>        'database'   => 'LOLOLO',
>>>        'table'      => 'users',
>>>        'user_col'   => 'user_uid',
>>>        'pass_col'   => 'user_pass',
>>>        'show_encryption' => false
>>>    )
>>> );
>>>
>>> ** mysql log on localhost (= wrong machine)
>>> 060423 19:51:01
>>> 2725 Connect     horde at localhost on
>>> 2725 Init DB     horde
>>> 2725 Init DB     horde
>>> 2725 Init DB     horde
>>> 2725 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value
>>>                 FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'joris' AND
>>>                 (pref_scope = 'passwd' OR pref_scope = 'horde')
>>>                 ORDER BY pref_scope
>>> 2726 Connect     Access denied for user 'LALALA'@'localhost' (using
>>> password: YES)
>>> 2725 Quit
>>
>> This is Horde's preference driver, not Passwd that's connecting to the
>> local machine.
>>
>> Jan.
>>
>> --
>> Do you need professional PHP or Horde consulting?
>> http://horde.org/consulting/
>>
>> --

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/