[sork] password module

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Apr 30 09:12:01 PDT 2006

Quoting Joaquin López <joaquin.lopez.sanchez at gmail.com>:

> Hi, I have problems when I try to change the password.

What versions of Horde and passwd are you using?

> I've followed the steps in the docs/INSTALL document and I've setup an
> LDAP based backend, but it doesn't work.

In what sense?  Does passwd return an error message or not?  What do you
see?

> Moreover, I don't know how to do troublesoothing, because the
> horde.log file doesn't show nothing at this level.

Check your ldap log files and see what it says.

The usual problems are connection problems (configured ldap connection
parameters wrong, have a firewall blocking it, etc) or realm/domain
problems (the ldap server wants either "user" or "user at domain" but
passwd is sending the wrong one).  Could also be a password encryption
type problem though.

> Please, anybody can help?

If you have access to the ldap logs, look there.

> Thank you,
> Joaquin

Go Longhorns!