[sork] Change license of Horde sork modules

Gregory Colpart reg at evolix.fr
Sun Aug 6 03:31:38 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:48:53AM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Alright, let's try this: I think we've took a wrong approach to this
> problem. I'm pretty sure that no license was actively choose for this
> and probably the other modules either.
> The LICENSE file said ASL, the page header template (that appears in
> all rendered pages) said GPL, and the library files said BSD.
>
> I fixed the template back in 2004, but obviously not in all branches,
> at least the GPL is appearing again in the current code.
> I changed the BSD lines to ASL in February when I noticed this
> inconsistency because I assumed that the LICENSE files was chosen more
> intentionally than the library comments, simply because people usually
> don't have an idea what a certain license implies, but can read a
> license fine. Eric can maybe say more whether he has chosen a certain
> license for the Sork moudules by intention, or rather because by
> copy'n'paste.
>
> Anyway, let's assume my assumption in February was wrong, and not ASL
> was the intended license but BSD, which ich as much possible as the
> other was round. We would be all set then, right?

It seems good for me.

With this new approach, could you fix all horde projects with
similar licence ambiguity (Vacation, et cetera)? After this, do
you see yet horde code under Apache-like license?

Regards,
--
Gregory Colpart <reg at evolix.fr>  GnuPG:1024D/C1027A0E
Evolix - Informatique et Logiciels Libres http://www.evolix.fr/