[sork] about vacation and forward with LDAP

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 1 10:40:16 PDT 2006

Quoting Cheng Bruce <itlist at gmail.com>:

> During these days searching and reading, I can know what you said.
> I know Sork/ingo have some the same functions like (forward, vacation).

Yes, the same functions, but they do support different backends, so you
may want/need to choose one or the other based on the backend you want
to use.

> I just want to find the way to get Vacation and forward worked with
> LDAP without .forward

First, you need to get it working on your own.  Sork does not do the
vacation or forward function, it is simply a front-end user interface
to configure what ever does the actual functions.  If you don't have
a vacation program or forwarding mechanism in place already, then
sork is pretty much useless.

It is similar with ingo, except that the backend is more generic.  So
intead of needing an actual vacation program, you can tell ingo to
use procmail to accomplish the forwarding, assuming your setup supports
procmail and your web server can access the needed files...

> Would you please teach me?

As I don't know your setup, I can not help you.

> Thank you very much.
>
> By the way, do you have any idea about setting the schedule of
> vacation and forward ?

I'm not sure what you mean, but I would think this is a function of
the vacation/forward mechanism, and not of sork.

Go Longhorns!