[sork] passwd and vpopmail

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Sat Nov 11 13:02:52 PST 2006

Hi all,

I know this isn't the first issue here, but I can't get over the hump.
I use vpopmail 5.13.19, and according to my config.log, I'm using md5
encryption.
I also use user at domain.com for my whole username, so I've enabled the
default_username hook as is in horde/config/hooks.php, and in
passwd/config/conf.php.   This is Horde H3, and I've tried both the
cvs HEAD version of passwd and the 3.0 relase.

My backends.php is configured as such:
$backends['vpopmail'] = array (
     'name' => 'Example Vpopmail Server',
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 3,
         'maxLength' => 8,
         'maxSpace' => 0,
         'minUpper' => 0,
         'minLower' => 0,
         'minNumeric' => 0
     ),
     'driver' => 'vpopmail',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype'    => 'mysql',
         'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
         'username'   => 'myname',
         'password'   => 'mypass',
         'encryption' => 'md5-base64',
         'database'   => 'vpopmail',
         'table'      => 'vpopmail',
         'name'    => 'pw_name',
         'domain'  => 'pw_domain',
         'passwd' =>  'pw_passwd',
         'clear_passwd' => 'pw_clear_passwd',
         'use_clear_passwd' => true,
         'show_encryption' => true
     )
);

That encryption entry is the last thing I tried, but I tried all md5
variations.  I've also ensured that I've got the mhash php module
installed.
All I ever get is 'Incorrect Password'.  This is coming from
passwd/lib/Driver.php  function comparePasswords($encrypted, $plaintext)

So I'm sure it's an mis-encryption issue - I just don't know where to
go from here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick