[sork] vacation not working with qmail, autorespond, vpopmail

Claus Szypura claus at centralmail.de
Sun Jun 24 18:55:48 UTC 2007

Rick Romero <rick <at> havokmon.com> writes:

Hi Rick,

I now have installed the pureftfd, but didn't set up the confs
you did supply below yet.
Now when I install a vacation via qmailadmin the vacation module
reads it, really! And is able to delete it too!
So far - so good...
But when I try to install the vacation via horde,
the .qmail file and everything is generated,
but an error pops up:

Warning:
mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /var/www/webmail/vacation/lib/Driver/vpopmailsql.php on line 161

There it says:
	/* Execute the query. */
	$getdata = mysql_query($query);
        $result = mysql_result($getdata, 0, 0);

and the .qmail file only contains:
| /usr/local/bin/autorespond 86400 3 /vacation/message /vacation
/Maildir/

All path and user information is missing, so it looks
like the sql query some lines above isn't pulling
the username and path information to be inserted into
the execution part!

I've tried this with several accounts - it is the same,
the files and dirs are placed into the users maildir correctly
but each time the .qmail file lacks the
user and path info ~ :(

> Know any C ?
It's more than 20 years ago me dealing with BASIC
but forgot all and everything...

I think if it is possible to change the query in vpopmailsql.php it should work.
I've tried to do it similar to the passwd vpopmail.php:

/* pju in case of multiple domains,
select from the right table (domain_dk)*/
if ($this->_params['multiple_domains']){
list($dom, $rd) = explode('.',$domain);
/rcs_begin*/
$dom = str_replace(array('.','-'),"_", $dom);
//to get even more underscores if neccessary
/*rcs_end*/

to get to the appropriate table in vpopmail db with these underscores but there
my skills are ending abruptly again - can't get any further to extract the right
info
This shouldn't drive me mad, but it does - so close up but so far away...

Claus