[sork] issue with generated .vacation.msg file

Andrew Richey richey at mail.coe.fsu.edu
Tue Jul 3 19:25:32 UTC 2007

Alright. I've done that, and I can see that it does put a space at the
top of the message body field. So long as users don't remove that space
it's ok. If you happen across a more fool proof solution, please let me
know.

It seems like there should be a way to tweak *BSD's vacation program to
be more flexible. If I come across anything there I'll pass the
information along.

Either way, thanks again for the help.

Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Andrew Richey <richey at mail.coe.fsu.edu>:
>

>> Subject: out of office
>> From: John Smith
>> I will be out of the office until August.
>>

> As a short term fix, simply add another \n in the string (between the
> headers and the message) in your vacation/config/conf.php file...
>
> This will make the default message correct, and should set an example
> for the user to follow.  Not fool proof, but should help.
>
> We treat the message as one long string, so it is rather hard to slip
> a newline in later in the process...

believed to be clean.