[sork] disable writing .forward file in sendmail FTP driver for Vacation

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 18 19:05:38 UTC 2007

Quoting Sam Rausch <sam_rausch at iat.utexas.edu>:

> I'm using sork with Exim, and although it is mostly sendmail compatible,
> there are a few quirks that I'd like to correct.

Such as?

> The sendmail drivers
> work well, but I'd like to modify the behavior so that it will write the
> vacation message and db files but NOT write a .forward file. Where in
> the code would I be able to comment out
>  the forward file?

In horde/vacation/lib/Driver/forwards.php, in the function setVacation(),
look for the comment "Now set up the .forward file", and then in the
function unsetVacation() look for the lines:

         $status = $_vfs->deleteFile('', '.forward');
         if (is_a($status, 'PEAR_Error')) {
             $this->err_str = $status->getMessage();
             $this->err_str .= '  ' . _("Maybe you didn't have a
vacation notice installed?");
             return false;
         }

and remove them.

You might also need to modify some other functions, but the above two places
are the main ones, and might be the only things you need to change.

Most people using Exim use ldap, I think, rather than the forwards driver...
But your milage may vary.

Go Longhorns!