[sork] How can I show user "quota" for using imap "dovecot" in "PASSWD"/"IMP"??

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Tue Sep 25 04:45:35 UTC 2007

Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Winnie <lammywinnie at gmail.com>:
>
>> How can I show user "quota" for using imap "dovecot" in
>> "PASSWD"/"IMP"???
>

> Dovecot supports 4 types of quota (fs, dirsize, dict, and maildir).
> You would
> need to say which one you are using before we could really try to help
> you.
> (Also, there is a new quota system in 1.1 Betas which would be
> different yet.)
>
> You would really need to be using the "storage" version rather than the
> "messages" version of quota in dovecot also. Not sure it would make sense
> if you used the "messages" type.
>
> Now, if you tell us all the above, we're still probably not able to help
> unless you tell us how you are actually implementing quotas, at least in
> most cases. This means is it stored in sql, ldap, etc.
>
> Once you provide us with all that info, we might be able to help.
>
> If you have no clue what the above means, send the your dovecot.conf
> file, or at least the parts dealing with the quota plugin and the
> userdb/user_query/user_attrs parts.

Hello Eric,

In my case ( FC6 Linux System ) :

For /var/spool/mail :

-rw-------   1 root     root         7168 Sep 24 23:02 aquota.group
-rw-------   1 root     root         8192 Sep 24 18:05 aquota.user
-rw-------   1 edward   mail       301709 Sep 24 23:27 edward

For /imp/config/servers.php :

$servers['cyrus'] = array(
'name' => 'xxx',
'server' => 'xxx',
'hordeauth' => false,
'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
'port' => 143,
'maildomain' => 'xxx',
'smtphost' => 'xxx',
'smtpport' => 25,
'realm' => '',
'preferred' => '',
// 'admin' => array(
// 'params' => array(
// 'login' => 'cyrus',
// 'password' => 'cyrus_pass',
// The 'userhierarchy' parameter defaults to 'user.'
// If you are using a nonstandard hierarchy for personal
// mailboxes, you will need to set it here.
// 'userhierarchy' => 'user.',
// Although these defaults are normally all that is required,
// you can modify the following parameters from their default
// values.
// 'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
// 'hostspec' => 'localhost',
// 'port' => 143
// )
// ),

'quota' => array(
'driver' => 'command',
'params' => array()
),

// 'acl' => array(
// 'driver' => 'rfc2086',
// )

);

So, how to config the server.php, then, the Quota display is good for
working with IMP ?

Thanks !

Edward.