[sork] PASSWD with MySQL, Postfix, VirtualDomains/Users

Gustavo Verduzco Vazquez info at gustavoverduzco.org
Thu Dec 6 23:49:05 UTC 2007

> No. Check the log files. Make sure your backend setting are correct,
> i.e. switch back the "regular" sql backend etc.

Thanks again Jan, I am not sure exactly what do you mean by "regular"
sql backend. On my backends.php file I only have one backend, and it
kinda looks like this:

<?php

$http_host = getenv('HTTP_HOST');

$backends['sql'] = array (
     'name' => '$http_host',
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 0,
         'maxLength' => 8,
         'maxSpace' => 0,
         'minUpper' => 0,
         'minLower' => 0,
         'minNumeric' => 0,
         'minSymbols' => 0
     ),

     'driver' => 'sql',
     'params' => array(
         'phptype'    => 'mysql',
         'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
         'username'   => 'username',
         'password'   => 'password',
         'encryption' => 'crypt',
         'database'   => 'mail',
         'table'      => 'users',
         'user_col'   => 'email',
         'pass_col'   => 'password',
         'show_encryption' => false,
         // The following two settings allow you to specify custom queries for
         // lookup and modify functions if special functions need to be
         // performed.  In places where a username or a password needs to be
         // used, refer to this placeholder reference:
         //    %d -> gets substituted with the domain
         //    %u -> gets substituted with the user
         //    %U -> gets substituted with the user without a domain part
         //    %p -> gets substituted with the plaintext password
         //    %e -> gets substituted with the encrypted password
         //
         'query_lookup' => 'SELECT password FROM users WHERE email = %u',
         'query_modify' => 'UPDATE users SET password =
ENCRYPT(\'%p\') WHERE email = \'%u\''
     )
);

I got nothing on horde.log, mysql.log and auth.log when I try to
change the password, so I am in a dead end to figure this problem out.

Thanks for your help!
--
Gustavo Verduzco Vazquez