[sork] PostfixAdmin and Vacation

horde at corwyn.net horde at corwyn.net
Wed Oct 1 21:06:39 UTC 2008

I'm currently running Postfix/Dovecot with PostfixAdmin managing the
database. I'm trying to get Horde working on top, and it would be
great if I could get the users to be able to set their vacation
preferences inside of Horde.

I'm trying to get Vacation running with the mysql data from
postfixadmin. The problem I'm bumping into is that Vacation wants to
know the fields, but to really get the data to line up with Vacation
I need to be able to submit things as SQL queries (much like the
Authentication options in Horde itself) to provide the flex I need.

For example, Vacation asks for the password before it will set the
vacation settings. The table with PostfixAdmin  (vacation) doesn't
keep password in it. mailbox (the user table from postfixadmin)
doesn't keep the vacation information in it. I could _probably_ pull
this off by putting all the fields in "vacation" into "mailbox" and
then having Vacation reference the fields from there, and change
postfixadmin to reference the fields from there.  But I believe
vacation.pl just references everything in the table, which means more mods.

First question: has anyone successfully integrated the functionality
of postfixadmin vacation (vacation.pl) and the SORK vacaton function
(and/or know of a handy guide?)

Second question: does the approach above sound like it would work to
someone familiar with both SORK Vacation and postfixAdmin vacation
functionality?

thanks

Rick

Rick Steeves