[sork] Passwd on LDAP

Jorge Hernandez jorgeh at fsbcomputers.com
Tue Oct 21 17:42:32 UTC 2008

   I understand, but the problem I'm having is not to login is to get
the passwd module to let them change their passwords, I configured the
backends of passwd the same way horde authentication is setup, so it
should work, but every time I do anything to backends.php it does not
change passwords (not that it ever did).

   I can bind to my server directly by using
basedn="ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com" and I can even see my users.

   I have tried with bsedn="ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

   also, basedn="dc=mydomain,dc=com"

   I even tried basedn="ou=people,o=mydomain.com"

   and for the admindn I have tried

   admindn="cn=Administrator,dc=mydomain,dc=com" and all the other
modifications above to mydomain.com and it doesn't like any of the
ones I tried.

   If you have an example of LDAP with Admin binding, please share.

   By the way for every single one that I tried I always get cannot
bind to server.

   Thanks in advance,

   ==========================
Jorge Hernandez