[sork] vacation w/postfix and seive?

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 28 18:46:12 UTC 2009

Quoting Jefferson Davis <jdavis at standard.k12.ca.us>:

> I have ingo working - the big question is (for end-users) how do we
> set up a vacation auto-responder in that module?

I use ingo with its interface for vacations without any user complaints;
however, I use the procmail backend, not sieve, so maybe that is the
difference?

> Vacation module seems a lot more end-user-friendly.

I don't see much difference myself (and I created the sork/vacation
version, but gave it up for ingo).

> Additionally, once I found the source for the vacation program it
> was cake to compile.  Minor mod to the makefile so it would install
> in the default location (for redhat) and voila...

Yes, but I wanted to mention ingo in case you didn't know about it.
But if you do know about ingo and still like vacation better, well,
more power to you! :)

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.