[sork] Passwd: Could not bind to LDAP server

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Mon Aug 17 15:57:49 UTC 2009

Hello

As I said earlier, use Horde Groupware Webmail 123, authentic my users
against Active Directory. there is no firewall between them blocking the
connections that could be initiated.

Able to authenticate my users without problems, but when trying to
change their passwords, I get the following error:

Failure in changing password for Example LDAP Server with Admin
Bindings: Could not bind to LDAP server

I send my config passwd.

$backends['ldapadmin'] = array(
    'name' => 'Example LDAP Server with Admin Bindings',
    'preferred' => 'www.example.com',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 3,
        'maxLength' => 8
    ),
    'driver' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => '192.168.25.6',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'ou=CASA,dc=casa,dc=cult,dc=cu',
        'admindn' => 'cn=conector,cn=Users,dc=casa,dc=cult,dc=cu',
        'adminpw' => '*******',

        // LDAP object key attribute
        'uid' => 'uid',

        // these attributes will enable shadow password policies.
        // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowlastchange',
        // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowmin',
        'attribute' => 'clearPassword',
        // this will be appended to the username when looking for the
userdn.
        'realm' => 'CASA.CULT.CU',

        // Use this filter when searching for the user's DN.
        'filter' =>
'(&(objectClass=user)(!(objectClass=computer))(sAMAccountName=%u))',

        // Hash method to use when storing the password
        'encryption' => 'crypt',

        // Whether to enable TLS for this LDAP connection
        // Note: make sure the host matches cn in the server certificate
        'tls' => false
    )
);

Thanks