[sork] Configuration problem with sork

K P rontus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 18:28:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Jan Schneider<jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Zitat von K P <rontus at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have latest debian package sork-passwd-h3 installed (3.0-2+lenny2)
>> and I have minor configuration problem. I use IMP and there is
>> configured password button there that will open this passwd page.
>>
>> Backend is configured as LDAP. I will get error "user not found" if I
>> try to email address like test.user at testdomain.com to username field.
>> If I understood correctly sork-passwd is using UID to change LDAP
>> password that is different in my case. How it is possible to configure
>> sork-passwd to use MAIL attribute instead of UID ?
>
> Yes, in passwd/config/backends.php.

Is there some example or document how to set this correctly ?
I have tried to search without success and I am not pretty sure how I
need to configure this.

>> If I change UID match with MAIL this is working correctly.
>>
>> Other question is that is it possible to prefill this field using that
>> email address. Now it seems to be Administrator.
>
> That sounds like you did *not* finish to configure your Horde system and it
> is probably wide open to anyone who has access to it over the internet. Fix
> that ASAP, or changing passwords is the least you problem you are going to
> have!
>
> Jan.

Horde is not opened internet and it is still under testing locally. I
just wanted to test if this imp+password is suitable for us and we can
start to use it insted of squirrelmail. Do I need to configure horde
to get this login information correctly to passwd ?

Thank for your comments Jan

Br,
KP