[sork] Configuration problem with sork

Michel Bulgado michel at casa.co.cu
Mon Aug 31 18:55:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 12:57 -0500, Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting michel at casa.co.cu:
>
> > I am interested in achieving the same goal, that my users can change
> > their passwords in the Windows Active Directory, I think it is more
> [...]
> >     'password policy' => array(
> >         'minLength' => 3,
> >         'maxLength' => 6
>
> Make sure your AD will accept password which are only 3-6 characters longer
> (maybe its policy is to require >6 characters?)
>
> >     ),
> >     'driver' => 'ldap',
> >     'params' => array(
> >         'host' => 'ldap.home.com',
> >         'port' => 389,
>
> Add sslhost, since most AD implementations require SSL connections.
>
> > I tried changing the port for "636" , using directive "sslhost".
> > using ldapsearch for test my settings to get dn from active
> > directory and work fine.
>
> Add sslhost, but leave port as is, and test...
>
> > suggestions?
>
> Only above, but I'm hoping others will chime in with more...

my config

$backends['ldap'] = array(
    'name' => 'LDAP Server',
    'preferred' => 'home.com',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 3,
        'maxLength' => 8
    ),
    'driver' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => '192.168.25.26',
        'sslhost' => '192.168.25.26',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'ou=HOME,dc=home,dc=com',
        'uid' => 'sAMAccountName',
        // these attributes will enable shadow password policies.
        // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowlastchange',
        // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowmin',
        // this will be appended to the username when looking for the
userdn.
        'realm' => 'home.com',
        'encryption' => 'msad',
        // make sure the host == cn in the server certificate
        'tls' => false
    )
);

I test i dont work.