[sork] auto-responder / vacation not responding.

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 15 16:32:19 UTC 2009

Quoting "Warren @ Cape Innovations" <warren at capeinnovations.com>:

> My customers ask me for a vacation facility. So I installed vacation.

The sork vacation modules is just a front-end to a (hopefully pre-existing)
vacation backend.  So you need some backend to make it actually do any
vacation messages.

> I manual browse the mysql table users and I see 'vacation' is
> enabled and the custom message is stored. Fantastic!

That is all the sork module is supposed to do.  The rest is up to your
system software (vacation backend).

> However, when I email the account that has autoresponder enabled I
> do not get a response. I cannot find any logging information.

This is the job of your MTA or other software, not horde/sork.  You could
use seive (for that, ingo might be better than sork), or you could use
a postix vacation solution (usually installed separately from postfix,
maybe via the postfixadmin package, or something like that).

You'd want to consult either a unbuntu or postfix mailing list for such
support.

> Do I need to modify my postfix master.cf to call some script? I have
> seen several autoresponder.pl scripts. however there is no reference
> to these in the horde setup or horde vacation documentation.

Doesn't mean they won't work, just means no one has documented it...
Doesn't mean they will work either...

> I've search for quiet a bit and seen many other solutions, however
> none use virtual domains with mysql backend and horde vacation.

You might ask on the ubuntu/postfix lists for help...

The sork module is meant as a front-end to an existing, working vacation
backend.  Since you don't have the backend working, the front-end is
not the problem...

> Any help is appreciated.
> Regards,
> Warren

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.