[sork] Passwd Problems - Cannot Change password, no UPDATE applied

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 23 01:35:30 UTC 2009

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:

> This is what appeared in the logs:
>
> Oct 22 22:29:49 HORDE [debug] [passwd] SQL Query by
> Passwd_Driver_sql::_lookup(): SELECT Password FROM MailAccounts
> WHERE EmailAdd = ? [on line 110 of
> "/usr/share/horde3/passwd/lib/Driver/sql.php"]
> Oct 22 22:29:49 HORDE [debug] [passwd] Current password returned
> from DB as:  [on line 121 of
> "/usr/share/horde3/passwd/lib/Driver/sql.php"]

Oh, that's bad.  It appears to be returning nothing, but also not returning
an error...

Unless you set the "pass_col" wrong, this is rather a bad thing...

> friend pointed out that the ? is actually in the code!

The question mark is normal.  It does variable substitution (the passed
variables are substituted in order into the string where the '?' characters
are...).

> Does this look right? I tried to change it to %u but that didn't work :)

Yes, it looks right...

> What's the next step?

Hope someone else on this list can help more.  I don't use sql, so I'm
not a lot of help...

If no one else replies, repost your configuration again, along with the
sql logs, and the horde logs, and I'll see if I can't find something in
them...  But hopefully someone who uses sql for passwords will chip in...

> Thanks.
>
> SPB

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.