[sork] Password field format and value in MySQL

Bruno Costacurta techie at costacurta.org
Mon Oct 26 18:47:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm using Dovecot with MySQL for authentication.
Table 'users' format is :

+----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field    | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| userid   | varchar(128) | NO   |     |         |       |
| domain   | varchar(128) | NO   |     |         |       |
| password | varchar(128) | NO   |     |         |       |
| home     | varchar(255) | NO   |     |         |       |
| uid      | int(11)      | NO   |     | 5000    |       |
| gid      | int(11)      | NO   |     | 5000    |       |
+----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

For Dovecot authentication, the fields password contain the
encryption, so values are ie:

'{PLAIN}mypassword'
'{MD5}$1$D4CKVAeL...etc...'

This work fine for Dovecot but it seems not for Sork.
I cannot change password because it seems not recognized due to bad
decryption.

As Dovecot and Sork share the same table, how does Sork knows which
encryption / decrypion to be use ?

Bye,
Bruno