[sork] Vacation Portal Block

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 29 18:23:40 UTC 2010

Quoting Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:

> But, are you aware that the forwards portal block shows itself as
> active when the vacation mode is set? I am assuming this is "normal"?

It is normal when forwards and vacations are set to use a shared backend
that doesn't distinquish forwards from vacation notices (like the
dotforward backend driver).  Some drivers do not display this issue,
while some do.

> It shows "|/usr/bin/vacation emailaddr", which is going to look a
> bit strange to a normal user. Maybe if it said something like
> "Forwards is disabled while vacation is on", it might be more
> instructive. Not a complaint, just a thought.

Seems reasonable and possible.  Maybe open a enhancement ticket for this?

> Thanks again.
>
> -Chris

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.