[sork] Changing the password with Horde4

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Apr 11 21:21:24 UTC 2011

> I agree - since Ingo is handling the filters etc, I think passwd
> should be bundled into IMP.  Perhaps as another tab in the
> configuration panel with space to build custom SQL queries.
Why imp? The former groupware bundle (not: groupware webmail edition)
didn't include imp but a setup with sql-based (read: can change
password) user auth. Horde base would look appropriate to me. Did
anybody use passwd to manage passwords not connected to horde?

It could live as a separate point under horde or "office", much like an app.
The functionality would also fit into user's "preferences" settings.
Either way, access should be controlled by a permission (just like the
passwd app was deniable by permission). But all this is wishlist-like
thinking. Even a straightforward porting of passwd would be an
improvement. If I find time before somebody on the list says he does,
I'll drop a line and begin inside git (not before mid-may).