[sork] Passwd H4 (4.0-ALPHA1)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 28 19:42:45 UTC 2011

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Passwd
Horde password changing application version H4 (4.0.0-ALPHA1).

Passwd provides support for changing passwords via the Horde authentication
system or various password backends.

This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems.  This
version is considered feature complete but there might still be a few bugs.
You should not use this preview version over existing production data.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated and new translations are very welcome, though some
strings might still change before the final release.

The following password backends have not been tested with Horde 4 at all yet
and need some testing feedback: Unix expect scripts, the Unix
smbpasswd command
for SMB/CIFS passwords, Kolab, ADSI, Pine, Serv-U FTP, VMailMgr, vpopmail.

The major changes compared to Passwd version H3 are:
     * Updated to work with Horde 4.
     * Added driver for Horde authentication system.
     * Added Latvian translation.
     * Small bugfixes and improvements.

The full list of changes can be viewed here:

https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/64ce5d2aba5a499a41e22f777f5fa06ab17b7faf/passwd/docs/CHANGES

Have fun!

The Horde Team.