[sork] Horde hangs after changing password (passwd 4.0.0alpha1)

Felipe Scarel fbscarel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 14:54:08 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I recently installed the passwd plugin via PEAR (from pear.horde.org),
version 4.0.0alpha1, the latest available. My Horde, IMP and other
applications have also been recently updated.

I'm using LDAP to store user information, and have setup a hook function to
gather the user's DN from the database. So far, that setup works and I can
change passwords without trouble.

However, as soon as I successfully change passwords, the user seemingly gets
"locked out" of Horde, i.e. the browser hangs up, as if Horde doesn't allow
the user to access resources anymore with the old password. The only
solution is to delete the browser cookie and login again with the new
password.

Is there any solution to that problem? Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
fbscarel