[sork] Passwd tab sequencing

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Tue Nov 8 19:03:07 UTC 2011

Hi

I have two minor UI suggestions for the passwd module.

Firstly, the username comes prefilled (if supported), which is nice.
However, if the browser has save the password, this is also
pre-filled.  Whilst this is nice because it means the browser will
request to update the password after a successful change it is also a
danger.  Users who stay logged in can have their password changed
(either maliciously or not) because the authentication is already
there.  It would be better not to pre-fill that field, or other have
some other two-step authentication verification.

Secondly, users are capable or and used to using the tab key to move
between form fields.  However, in the passwd module the tab key takes
you to the help icons (which if you have a resolution bigger then
1024x768) are miles away from what they relate to.

I would propose therefore to make the tab sequencing..

Username:
Old password:
New password:
Confirm new password: