[sork] passwd H4 using findUserDN($user) with Ldap driver

Maciej Uhlig maciej.uhlig at us.edu.pl
Tue Dec 27 13:25:19 UTC 2011

I need to use findUserDN($user) in order to get user DN (the workaround
proposed is not enough).

I found an inconsistency while defining parameters for finduserDN(). In
/pear/php/Horde/Ldap.php configuration parameter named 'user' must
contain 'uid', and 'filter' or 'objectclass' entries. This parameter
must then be an array. If I define this array in the script code LDAP
password change works correctly.

However, if I define this array in backends.local.php config file I get
the error: "Password module is not properly configured". Looks like
there are string variables 'uid' and 'filter' in the file but array
'user' is not accepted.

Is this a bug or misconfiguration?

Best regards,

MU