[sork] sasldb2 password change

Tilman Schmidt t.schmidt at phoenixsoftware.de
Thu Mar 8 17:38:08 UTC 2012

Am 08.03.2012 09:02, schrieb Ralf Lang:

>>      > Does your cyrus support changing the imap password? See imp/backends.php
>>      > for documentation.
>
> Sorry, I meant imp/config/backends.php
> It should contain examples how to setup administrative commands via imap.

I see the $servers['imap'] and $servers['advanced'] entries.
The latter has a (commented out) 'admin' section, but that
contains only a 'params' section with entries 'admin_user',
'admin_password' and 'userhierarchy'. Is that what you mean?
Are you suggesting that I switch from the default (simple) to
the advanced IMAP server and enable the 'admin' section?
What is the difference between the simple and advanced IMAP
servers anyway? Just the existence of the 'admin' section?

However I notice that the comment on the 'admin' property says
only: "Use this if you want to enable mailbox management for
administrators via Horde's user administration interface."
Nothing about mere mort^Wusers changing their own passwords.
Am I on the wrong track?

Btw, just for fun I tried enabling $backends['hordeauth']
in passwd/config/backends.php and then changing a password.
This produced the error message:

The current horde configuration does not allow changing passwords.

which is emitted by passwd/lib/Driver/Horde.php if the expression
$this->_params['auth']->hasCapability('update') returns false.
Does that mean that my Cyrus IMAP server does not have the
capability to change passwords, or just that Horde in its current
configuration) doesn't have the capability to change passwords
through IMAP?

Thanks,
Tilman

--