[sork] Password module not configured properly

Mohan mohanpalaniswami at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 07:25:36 UTC 2012

mohan <mohanpalaniswami <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Horde-4.06 groupware webmail edtion using php pear and I have
> also installed passwd application with php pear.
>
> I have configured the passwd module to integrate with local LDAP running in
the
> server.
>
> When I try to reset password for an user id I am getting error message in the
> browser as Password module not configured properly.
>
> In httpd error log I get the error message as  below
>
> mail HORDE: Bind failed: Invalid credentials [pid 588 on line 243 of
> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Ldap.php"]
>
> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Mohan

Hi,

I have pasted below the backends.php file of password application.

$backends['ldap'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'LDAP Server',
    'preferred' => '',
    'policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 6,
        'minNumeric' => 1,
    ),
    'driver' => 'Ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => 'localhost',
        'port' => 389,
       'basedn' => 'o=domains,dc=mail,dc=mydomain,dc=com',
       'binddn' => 'cn=vmail,dc=mail,dc=mydomain,dc=com',
       'bindpw' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
        // LDAP object key attribute.
        'uid' => 'mail',
        // The attribute storing the password.
        'attribute' => 'userPassword',
        // These attributes will enable shadow password policies.
        // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowLastChange',
        // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowMin',
        // This will be appended to the username when looking for the userdn.
      //  'realm' => '',
        // Use this filter when searching for the user's DN.
        'filter' => '(objectClass=*)',
        // Hash method to use when storing the password
        'encryption' => 'ssha',
        // Whether to enable TLS for this LDAP connection
        // Note: make sure that the host matches cn in the server certificate.
        'tls' => false
    ),
);

Thanks,