[sork] Passwd application configuration

suganthapriya vishwanathan suganthapriyav at gmail.com
Wed May 16 05:37:42 UTC 2012

Hi Team,

I have installed Horde webmail groupware edition 4.07 using php pear.

I have installed  passwd application for changing the mail users passwd. I
have  my existing LDAP server for user authentication.

I am not able to reset the passwd getting error message as "Password module
is not configured properly" in browser.

In /var/log/messages getting error message as " Invalid bind credentials"

I have pasted the backends.php file of passwd application below for your
reference.

$backends['ldap'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'LDAP Server',
    'preferred' => '',
    'policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 6,
        'minNumeric' => 1,
    ),
    'driver' => 'Ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => 'localhost',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'dc=mail,dc=mydomain,dc=com',

          'admindn' => 'cn=Manager,dc=mail,dc=mydomain,dc=com',
          'adminpw' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',

        // LDAP object key attribute.
        'uid' => 'mail',
        // The attribute storing the password.
        'attribute' => 'userPassword',
        // These attributes will enable shadow password policies.
        // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowLastChange',
        // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowMin',
        // This will be appended to the username when looking for the
userdn.
        'realm' => '',
        // Use this filter when searching for the user's DN.
        'filter' => '(objectClass=*)',
        // Hash method to use when storing the password
        'encryption' => 'ssha',
        // Whether to enable TLS for this LDAP connection
        // Note: make sure that the host matches cn in the server
certificate.
        'tls' => false
    ),
);