[sork] password, users in diferents branches of LDAP tree

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Tue Aug 20 15:14:24 UTC 2013

Hello:

I have a problem with module password using LDAP as backend.

The problem is that my users are in differents branches in the ldap
tree. All users have a unique identifier ("uid"). But in
backends.local.php I can only especify a only branch to construct the
user dn.

         // Determine the user's DN. %u will be replaced by the user's ID.
         //'userdn' => 'uid=%u,o=example.com'

I need a method to search the "dn" of the user, then use this dn to bind
to LDAP and change the password (AKA "indirect binding)

The ldap driver contains this commented line:

  // @todo Fix finding the user DN.
  // $this->_userdn = $this->_ldap->findUserDN($username);

Can somebody suggest me a hook or method to obtain the user dn through a
ldap search?

PS: (Sorry my basic English)