[swoosh] Question

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Fri Oct 17 16:01:52 PDT 2003

Quoting Ryan Burton <ryan at 602global.com>:

> Just curious how well swoosh works.  How is it possible to send SMS's using
> this software?  What are the prerequisites?  I just starting playing with
> horde and got it all installed; swoosh is something I am very interested in.
> Please, post your comments.  Thanks.

it works. doesn't yet have a lot of the finesse that is required, but it
connects up with the two gateway drivers that are provided. it does lack
addressbook look-ups, accounting and a few other functions, but basic
enter-number-and-send-message works.

it requires access to an SMS gateway. in my case i used the clickatell
(www.clickatell.com) gateway and an unofficial fudge of the italian vodafone
gateway. but if you have any other gateway feel free either to submit a patch
or the actual API...

marko