Re: Re: [conduit] Re: Re: [imp] Re: [kronolith] Kronolith and Outlook plugin/connector

Mark Gimelfarb dawebber at atlas.cz
Fri Jul 11 07:21:44 PDT 2003

I think that using SyncML is a great idea and puts the project in line with the current industry standards. As far as creating SyncML implementation for horde, there is already a project that deals with that.
http://nicolas.bougues.net/syncml/ or their SF site
http://sourceforge.net/projects/boheme

Even though their PHP syncML server is not Horde-specific, porting it to Horde's data transfer API should not be difficult (not that might be a long shot, it's been a while since I looked at Horde APIs).
 Potentially, a transport layer could be created that is very easy to port to Multiple devices/OSes, and later on, multiple frontends, like Evolution or Eudora, for instance. As a matter of fact, fine folks at Ximian are moving towards having a C# API for most of their products, based Gtk# and GNOME.NET .
So, I think we are on the right track here.
Mark.