[conduit] Fwd: Re: PHP SyncML server

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jul 11 14:06:49 PDT 2003

FYI

----- Forwarded message from nicolas at bougues.net -----
    Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:02:35 +0200
    From: Nicolas Bougues <nicolas at bougues.net>
 Subject: Re: PHP SyncML server
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Hi Chuck,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:11:01PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Hello-
>
> We've been looking to put SyncML support into Horde for a while now, and
someone
> pointed me at your code. I haven't looked closely, but I wanted to ask you if
> you'd have any problems with my basing a Horde syncml server on your PHP code?
> I'd credit you in the file of course. Horde itself is LGPL, but we could make
> an exception for the syncml files if that was an issue.

Feel free to use my code. The license is a quite liberal one.

But beware : as of now, most syncml-enabled phones use wbxml encoded
transfers. My scripts don't handle this. There is a wbxmllib somewhere
on sourceforge, but as good as it is, it doesn't handle nested XML
documents that SyncML uses.

Anyway, please drop me an email if you add my SyncML to Horde.
--
Nicolas Bougues
Axialys Interactive

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.