[sync] WBXML support.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 7 09:58:34 PST 2003

Quoting Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:

> Streams as a design element, and using the streams in PHP.  Is the
> SyncML Reader going to based on something like Document Object Model
> (DOM) found at http://www.w3.org/DOM/ or Simple API for XML (SAX) found
> at http://www.saxproject.org/.  With DOM the entire XML file is loaded
> into memory.  SAX uses an event firing methods, so it does not require
> the whole xml file to be read into memory.  I would like to use the
> methods found here in the php manual:  CIX. XML parser functions.  This
> is similar to SAX.

That's fine. There's nothing in Horde or our RPC framework that'd dictate one
way or the other. Note that you are working with raw POST data, though, so it's
going to be in memory anyway.

> The last thing to consider is the character sets.
> How does PHP, or Horde support multiple character sets?  The WBXML
> protocol does say what characater set to use.  Should I use PHP's built
> in stuff or Horde's stuff.

You should use the String:: class in Horde, and methods like
String::convertCharset().

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I am not that interested in green food." - Average Joe