[sync] Definitions for other PI

Anton Hummel anton.hummel at bigwasp.net
Fri Dec 12 11:41:14 PST 2003

dear chuck

>Is there a reason you don't want to work with the code we already have
working?

This code is ok, but my motivation is a little bit different.

If I use a sax-api based parser i could use all those nice saxbased tools
with a
little change to the code. The only thing is to instantiate the the
wbxml-sax parser instead of the xml-parser and i could work on an binary
stram or file.

My intension to get more knowledge about wbxml is not at first SyncML.
I would use it to distribute und process large xml-files for an ecommerce
application and so safe executiontime while  adding/updating large amount of
product-data. While wbxml did not have so much overhead on tags it speeds up
heavily on processing large xml-file. My testdata is about 5-7 MB in size.

- Anton