[sync] Username and password

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 22 20:27:02 PST 2003

Quoting Anthony Mills <amills at gascard.net>:

> Where is the password checked in the system?

Usually in an application's lib/base.php file, but for SyncML, it'll be checked
wherever we hit the authentication token in the syncml commands.

> If I call _mnemo_list, how will it know which user?

It will use the return value of Auth::getAuth(). So somewhere in the syncml
code, we'll want to have an $auth->authenticate() call, which will properly set
all that on successful authentication.

> Do I use something like Auth::getAuth()

Yes.

> or set something like $conf['storage']['params']['username']?

No, that's the username used to connect to the database. Completely different.

> Do I need to authenticate, or can it be by passed?

Not sure what you mean.

> I know rpc has it's authenticating methods, but what about the mnemo, turba,
> etc.

It's all the same auth - you log in once to all of Horde.

> Also, I lost the email to send for CVS write access, could I get it again?

Send a quick note to core at horde.org, and tell us what account username you want.
If you have access to a freebsd system, you can send us the md5 hash of the
password you want, too. Otherwise don't worry about it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe