[sync] Re: Requirements for Horde/Framework/SyncML

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 7 16:51:06 PST 2004

Quoting Peer Oliver Schmidt <pos at theinternet.de>:

> Now I have heard that you are in the process of getting SyncML to work
> as part of the Horde framework. What is the status on this? And what are
> the pre-requisites to let it run. Do I have to install the whole Horde
> project?
>
> Reading the mailinglist it seems that things are progressing. Before
> jumping in, I'd really like to know how much I would need to use horde
> framework.

Right now, we have WBXML working, and we have a shell of a SyncML server there -
lots of classes and code, but it's not really cleaned up and hooked into the
calendar app, etc.

Our end goal is to have it work with Horde's Calendar, AddressBook, etc. If you
want to use our server to work with your own apps, you'll be able to do that
with a base Horde install (just Horde itself and the framework packages) and
some customization.

Let us know more specifically what you want to do, and we can give you more
info. It might also be useful for you to subscribe to the Horde Sync list
(http://lists.horde.org/mailman/listinfo/sync).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe